No side by side execution

Jun 13, 2012 at 6:43 AM

In my opinion there whould be no isses running bothe the 3.0 and the 4.0 version side by side. 3.0 is for framework version 2.0 and 4.0 is for freamework version 4.0.

I guess there is something in the installation program that has not been updated in the new release.

Side by side execution would allow for a smoother upgrade as you simply install the new version, then update BizTalk with a new adapter (Schedule4) and then start to configure receive locations that uses the old version of the adapter to use the new one.

After that you can uninstall the old version if you want to.

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Hi Mikael,

Thanks for your feedback and the email that you send me. I liked the side by side execution idea, is a more difficult than you describe but I'm working in a new version.

Jun 26, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Sorry to hear that but at the same time, it's always fun to provide a challange :-)

Hope you are doing well.

//Mikael Sand

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 08:52:41 -0700
Subject: Re: No side by side execution [BizTalkScheduledTask:359396]

Hi Mikael,
Thanks for your feedback and the email that you send me. I liked the side by side execution idea, is a more difficult than you describe but I'm working in a new version.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (BizTalkScheduledTask@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email BizTalkScheduledTask@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com